Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Totally Random Tuesday: Flagstaff Film Festival

Okay first, let me just say that Tome Tuesday isn't dead, it's just sleeping. I'm working on a couple of good'ns right now and will post reviews soon!

I SWEAR.

So my mom knows lots of cool people.

She's met them here and there in her life, and while some were fleeting hi-how-are-ya kind of moments, some folks stuck. (For example... Bob Schneider's massage therapist. No kidding!)

One of the other cool people she's met and befriended is Meg.

Meg is running the first ever Flagstaff Film Festival, which promises to be an exciting mix of independent films all lovingly submitted and ready to run come this August!

I know what you're thinking... August? In ARIZONA?!

According to the FFF2010 website...

"Located smack-dab in the middle of the Coconino National Forest at nearly 7,000 feet in elevation, Flagstaff is one of the highest cities in the U.S. And that means that Flagstaff's summer temperatures are wonderfully moderate with daytime temperatures in the 70s and 80s."

So there ya go!

She's got a neat website set up for the festival itself, but also a blog, the fantastically named Festacular Blogmatic (and a Twitter site if you're up on how to work those things, which I'm not), which details various steps along the path towards the realization of what I can only imagine is a years-long dream of hers.


It's exciting to see someone take so much initiative... I'm super lazy, so I tend to be fairly astounded by those who can get so much done.

Good luck, Meg!

4 comments:

Swirly Head said...

Oh my good gravy, Mimi Rickets, you rock n roll just like your pure dead awesome momma! Thanks so much for mentioning the Flagstaff Film Festival. I've had an exhausting couple of weeks working on this DIM (do-it-myself) film festival and really needed a sweet little pick-me-up. Your blog entry did quite nicely! Thanks so much and kudos on entertaining yourself since 1974. :)

Ruth Covington said...

Flag is a great town! Kinda Boulderlike but nicer. :) Hope the festival is a rousing success; I'll let my friends who live there know about it, if they don't already.

curegirl0421 said...

Awesome Ruth, thanks! :) I think it looks awesome, I'd totally go if, you know, I was anywhere near Flagstaff. :)

Dandy said...

My sister lived in Flagstaff and said it was gorgeous. Totally different than most of Arizone... they got snow in the winter!