Friday, March 5, 2010

F-Word Friday: I've Got The Fever

So I'm home today.

Home sick, home with my internet... home with my cats, one of whom is currently crammed in the crevasse between my back and the chair. Purring.

It's amusing *now*, but you know eventually she's going to want to move. And then there will be claws.

PRAY FOR ME.

Anyway, so I'm not dying of The Fever or anything, but I was feeling pretty gross yesterday, and still not fabulous today, and I'm pretty caught up at work, and... and...

I've only just gotten back home because although I'm not feeling great (I've got that voice that can pull off Leonard Cohen today, and sniffles that just won't quit), I would feel too sluggy if I didn't do *anything*.

It's this thing I have.

So I went to the grocery store (got the stuff for these chicken enchiladas which sound awesome), went to the butcher (who I love... they even partitioned out my chicken for me so I wouldn't have to drag out my beloved but decidedly unwieldy Foodsaver today), swept my garage and weeded for half an hour.

I got more done this morning than I probably would have all day at work.

I've also discovered that I have a very noisy keyboard. It woke the *other* cat up, who had been peacefully sleeping. It doesn't help, of course, that I type 2000 words per minute (give or take)...

RAT-A-TAT-TAT-TAT.

Okay yeah, I mentioned the fever yes? It's only mild but apparently enough to make me oddly motivated and inclined to type things like "rat-a-tat-tat-tat" about my typing.

I'm going to quit while I'm ahead.

Have a wonderful weekend... I'll be working like a fiend on a birthday bag (how the time does fly!), probably going to see the new Alice In Wonderland with the Kid, and wishing the best to TR as he gets in up to his elbows, armed with specialized equipment and a sense of enduring hope.

Sounds like an episode of Star Wars, no?

(PS - I had a couple of people ask me what the picture was in Monday's post... it was a mold spore! Cool, huh?)

1 comment:

Dandy said...

Who goes home sick and then works?! Get some rest!