Friday, March 19, 2010

F-Word Friday: Flattered

I really love Colorado.

Yesterday: 68 degrees and sunny.
Today: 27 degrees and snowy.

And NOBODY is surprised.

Well, here it is, my birthday weekend again.

I'm 36 this year, and I don't feel it. I'm not sure what 36 is supposed to feel like exactly, but I do remember that when *my* mom was this age, she seemed...

I don't know, like a grownup I guess!

I don't feel like a grownup... I'll just say I've been 18 twice and go with that.

The weekend should be nice!

I'm determined to finish the Birthday Bag tonight, after finally having found a decent way to do the handle. The one that was on the original pattern SUCKED - seriously it looked terrible. I don't know how they managed to get it to work on the model bag, but I suspect Photoshop. Instead, I'm using a pattern from another bag I've made a few times, which means one longer handle instead of two shorter, thinner ones. I think it works, and hopefully the Birthday Girl will like it! I'm going to include a hand-done coupon for a less ugly bag of her choosing, just in case she hates it. Although I know that's mostly the judgment-fearing part of my brain talking (I've mentioned how hard it is to give handmade gifts), it really is one of those patterns one will either love or hate; I love it but...

Tomorrow I'll be heading up to Loveland in the morning to meet Nova for pedicures (the *good* ones where they really go at my heels which are scary and you didn't need to hear that - sorry!), and then she & I will go back to Longmont to knock around awhile. (The Kid is going to her grampas for the day and overnight.)

Saturday night, Nova & I will head down to Denver to have dinner with her husband and TR, which will be lovely! I have a hard time making plans for others - I'm just not one of those "ok we're going HERE, so show up" kinds of people, especially when it involves long drives and spending money - so I was a bit nervous about making the suggestion, but Nova had a good point...

People that care about me want to celebrate my birthday with me. They don't *have* to, they *want* to.

So I should just get right the hell over it.

Also, I will apparently have balloons. Possibly tied to my beltloop. I suggested including one of those backpacks with the leash on it, you know so I don't run into traffic?

*snerk*

She loves birthdays; I'm slightly indifferent to them (mainly because I hate to have a fuss made over me - I prefer to do the fussing), but I'm starting to enjoy the thought of this one.

Especially since there's a homemade cake in my future (my daughter's favorite thing to do for me, and my very favorite - white cake with chocolate frosting), a yummy drink at Racine's (I'm not much of a drinker, but I think I can have a mojito on my bday weekend), and did I mention the pedicure?

Happy Friday!


PS...



Oh, Craig. *headdesk*

It's okay, you're still my second favorite Scotsman.

2 comments:

Dandy said...

B is 42 and I don't think he's grown up :)

curegirl0421 said...

Good for him!!! :) hahaha