Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend Catchup: Exploded

As you know, Friday my car was to be fixed.

The A/C would, at last, work properly.

That musty smell emitting from the all-but-rotted cabin filter (a result of the faulty evaporator being replaced) would end.

Right.

I got a call at about 4 on Friday... "Ma'am, I'm sorry to tell you we won't be able to get your car back to you today."

"But why? I thought it was just one part."

"Well... um... it's in pieces."

"Pieces?"

"Yes. But we'll get you a rental!"

The whole reason I stayed home on Friday was to *avoid* getting a rental car. I only like driving a rental when I can get it with my own money and buy their insurance, otherwise I'm driving around wondering when I'll get hit - the result of which would be handing the deductible directly to Enterprise.

Do you have a grand lying around? I don't.

Anyway, so they drove me to the rental place, I got the crappy rental (subsequently exchanged for a less-crappy rental as there was an enormous crack in the windshield we didn't notice until I was 6 miles away, at which point I called frantically proclaiming my innocence... jeez I'm paranoid!), and then I drove to the dealer to get a few things from my car.

I tried to take a picture of the carnage, but it didn't work out. Camera phones + dim mechanic shops = crap photos.

Suffice it to say my glove compartment was on the roof, the stereo was on the trunk, and the steering wheel was on the floor, to name just three of the many, many exploded parts that were carefully arranged hither and yon. It was something like this:


More or less

Glad I'm not paying them by the hour!

I did manage to get out of my funk this weekend (I've been fairly allergy-fied just lately) and get some crafting accomplished... the baskets remain un-photographed, however. Maybe salesmanship isn't for me... I'll get them up eventually, but for right now they're languishing.

I blame Mercury being in retrograde.

I hope you had a great weekend!

2 comments:

Dandy said...

You need to win the lottery and get a new car.

Is that too much to ask?!

Elle Bee said...

Ew, car repairs. It's one of the most irritating parts of life!
I love that you said "languishing" and "hither and yon". I got a total kick out of that!
Elle