Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Totally Random Tuesday: Sunday Sunday Sunday!!!

I work at a University, and my office faces the football stadium, which they are currently rehabbing the crap out of, despite our current state budget woes, but don't get me started on that.

(Grammar Junkies: Would that more properly be stated as "out of which they are rehabbing the crap"? It doesn't sound right. Hm.)

One of the new features is a magnetic fence system, wherein there are metal discs in the pavement, and large poles every few feet, onto and between which they'll be snapping cattle-pen type fencing on game days.

This sounds like a recipe for disaster, but whatever.

Another new feature is the enormous new lighting system they're current rigging. The light bar for this thing had to be dropped in BY A GIANT CRANE.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love huge construction equipment?

No?

Why are you looking at me like that?

Anyway, a giant crane delivering enormo-lights, and the subsequent installation of everything, naturally means Ms. Mimi Rickets looking out of her office window a lot more than she ought to.

Now, you would assume that the internet would be chock-full of things to delight the large-equipment enthusiast, right?

Well, yes, but...

But...

Oh, just watch.



Possibly the coolest thing on the internet

2 comments:

Dandy said...

I have to watch that when I get home because I can't turn on the music right now.

One time we had to have a hellicopter come in to pick up a huge fan and deliver it. And noone told me about it. A helicopter! ~sniffle~ I didn't even get to see the excitement.

Elle Bee said...

Interesting. Veeeeeeeery interesting! There's a whole segment of the population out there lovin' large construction equipment and I didn't even know about it. See? I learn something new from your blog every time I read it...
:o)
Elle