Wednesday, January 6, 2010

WTF Wednesday - All I Wanted Was My Two Front Teeth!

So, um...

I remembered the cord.

Wow I had a lot in that camera!

(PS...So as to not blow up your computer, I have shrunk (shrank? shrinked?) the following into more bite-size versions, but if there are any you'd like to see up close go ahead and click em'.)

Okay we're going to start off with a pride-fest. I made a LOT of gifts this year. Not as many as I would have liked to but still a fair amount. I have photos of all but one (the cape I made for KJ... I'll work on that), and I'd like to share them with you.

Because I'm needy and require approval, that's why.



This is what my house looked like a week before Christmas...

Um...

Okay, Christmas morning.

I still had time!



Aren't they cute? They were really easy to make. And I made a LOT of them. They went to various friends and family; I thought I was going to have enough to give away but they all found homes.

If you'd like to make some yourself, here's the pattern! I added the buttons because I didn't like how the join looked. My OCD was fully in control.

Actually, I had so much fun making them that if you'd like me to make one FOR you, you need only say the word.

You're welcome!



These are a few the Chrismyth patterns I found a million years ago; there was a sixth but it got sent to a swap partner! There are several more patterns, but I think I'll let this group go... I started that dragon in the middle there about 9 years ago. I don't think I'll ever finish this feat.

Small cross-stitch takes FOREVER. I'd much rather sew something.



This would be what I made my mom. You can find the pattern here! It is SO soft, and she loved the color.

I would like to tell you that I finished this before Christmas, but I didn't. I finished it the morning of the day she arrived in town... on the 28th.



The Dr. Who scarf! This is the authentic pattern, I'll have you know. It's not quite as long as the original (14 feet!) but it got close enough.

It is with no small amount of pride that I point out the following:

1. TR wears this thing everywhere.
2. See the little green bit there in the middle of the picture? The bitty painting with the green and blue and red? I made that, too.

I just really love it when hand-made stuff doesn't get stashed in a closet somewhere (yes I realize there's a closet there, but you know what I mean). It's deeply nerve-wracking to give someone something you've made - we're all our own worst critics. So when it's not only appreciated but out there for everyone to see...

Awesome.

Also please note the really lovely photo of a cross next to the scarf. It's gorgeous and I wish I had a better shot of it.



Fug Bunny!

In a desperate attempt not to show up empty handed, I found a last-minute pattern online for a toddler-friendly item (read: can't rip it limb from limb - well not easily - and nothing to pull off and swallow), and I found this.

I had this old shirt that I loved for the fabric only (horizontal stripes + stretchy jersey = NO), and I used it to make little Fug up there.

I gave it that unfortunate name in advance of giving it to little Karma up there (isn't she cute?)... had I known how much she would love it I probably would have given it a better name.

Like Mimi Sewed My Arms In Backward And Stuffed Me Oddly But I'm Still Cute Bunny.

Nah, too long. Fug Bunny it is.



It was a year for geek crafts, apparently.

This was a special request by my favorite Kid. The Jayne Hat.

Have I told you about how much I love Firely? I might have mentioned it.

Okay! Now on to the presents! I didn't take pictures of everything, that would have been embarrassing, but I just need to tell you that I was extremely grateful to everyone who thought of us this year.

Christmas isn't about presents, but it sure makes it fun!



This is a really cool camera. The Kid loved it, and her grampa Craig bought her a 4G card for it, plus a camera case that is going to really work for her trip to Washington DC & New York... which is coming up soon!

Also, I want one for myself now. GREEDY.

I'm going to have to get a Webshots account just for her, I think. She's already had tons of fun with it!



I bought her a book of music for her Viola. Fiddling music.

My head hurt just looking at this, but she was humming along with the notes... impressive, no?



This was my present. It was filled with little wrapped things, and was very sweet and smelled good.

I love Yankee Candle.

Please ignore the Craft Crazy in the background there. I already admitted to you that I was totally behind, NO NEED TO RUB IT IN.

My mom brought some stuff with her for us. I mentioned the other day that she gave me the amazing shawl she'd spent so much time on...



Really you have to see it in person. There are about 5 million little beads worked into it.



I think you should click this picture, because you need to see the hat and bag closer.

My mother is amazing.



Here's my sad little tree... actually it was pretty cute. I liked having a small tree this year - not only did I only use the ornaments that meant the most to me (versus putting everything I can find on there), the tree also didn't take up the whole house.

Next year, I'm going to get a real tree, but I'm going to stick with the small-but-cute theme.



Nova got me these. I have no idea what I'll use them for, but I will FIND SOMETHING. I mean come on! Look at that!



This house is 2 miles from me. I can see it from my roof.

Now! On to the sledding!



All hats and scarves made by me and my mom. Nice!

The hat my mom is wearing is the one she made The Kid *last* year, and then of course there's the Skull Cap from this year, which is just totally adorable.



The Kid had a LOT of fun.



So did I. Despite the bruises.



When we got tired, we sat on the log fence that was at the top of the hill.

This was our view...

And it made all the bruising totally worth it.


1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm the only one to comment? Well, nice post. Great photos of beautiful peoples.