Friday, January 15, 2010

F-Word Friday: Help For Others... Whether Rush Likes It Or Not

I'm really stretching this whole "F-Word" concept. I've decided it counts if I work any word starting with "F" into the title.

So there.

First and foremost (hey! TWO f-words!), before I tell you all about how Rush Limbaugh is missing something vital in his psychological makeup (like a conscience), I'd like to post some info, in case you haven't seen it, about ways you can help Haiti. Every little bit helps.

The following organizations are accepting SMS donations in the US only:
  • SMS text “HAITI” to 90999 to donate $10 to Red Cross relief efforts
  • SMS text “YELE” to 501501 to Donate $5 to Yele Haiti’s Earthquake Relief efforts
  • SMS text "GIVE10" to 20222 to donate $10 to Direct Relief
Also accepting cash and in-kind donations are the following sites:

Something of note... the rumor that UPS is giving free shipping to anyone sending goods to Haiti is not true (but they did donate $1M).

I'm sure they would and all, but where exactly would you send it, and how would they deliver? Better to just give goods (mainly money) to the organizations that do these sorts of things best.

(Thank you, Internet.)

Now.

Rush Limbaugh.

Rush said, to sum up, that President Obama is only helping to look better to the black communities of the world, and that we shouldn't send Haiti any money because we've sent them tax dollars before.

No, really. And he *defended* it!

But you know what, we can forgive him. As my 2nd Favorite Scotsman said last night, we'll totally forget the whole thing. All he has to do is send a million dollars of his very own money, and all will be forgiven.

Oh, and Pat Robertson said it's divine retribution for Haitians making a deal with the Devil to free them from the French back in the day.

Yeah.

TR thinks they must have both used some kind of instant Soul Remover. I think he's on to something.


It's okay to be jealous of my Power Point skills. I don't mind.

It only hurts for a minute, and that burning sensation means it's working!

I can only hope that Rush loses some sponsors (he can go cry in his beer with that creepy Glenn Beck), and that Pat Robertson manages to exorcise his demon soon.

Because dayum.

Have a great weekend... I'll be finishing up a guitar strap (we'll see if it actually works) and a dragon.

And reading. I swear.

No comments: