Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Weekend Catchup: I Need A Vacation

Did I mention that last week was hellish? I might have.

The result of this was doing not much of anything all weekend, like at all.

Of course you know me better than that... "not much of anything" means cleaning my house, changing lightbulbs, 4 loads of laundry and shuttling The Kid to and fro, all before 2PM on Saturday.

Maybe I need valium.

Saturday afternoon was much more relaxed though, once I got home and applied my newly purchased specialty 5 DOLLAR LIGHT BULBS - they are the size of my pinky nail, which made that price a little shocking.

I finally finished watching Torchwood, all 8 billion hours of it, and it ended...

Well, let's just say I really hope there's a 4th season, because the end took a page from Joss Whedon's Killing Off People We Love book, but managed to ramp it to a whole new sobbing-even-though-it's-fiction level.

Oy.

My evening improved dramatically with the appearance of TR (fresh from a Burning Man BBQ which sounds wrong when you take it out of context), who came bearing chicken and cupcakes, and found a good movie on Netflix, Akira Kurosawa's Dreams. I hadn't ever seen it, but if *you* have, you'll understand why my dreams were pretty wild later! But they were good, which is what matters.

Nothing like a stressful work week to create a lot of bad dreams, and last week was absolutely rife with them, so it was a lovely change of pace.

After a nice sleepy Sunday morning, TR headed off for more Burning Man fun (I was going to truncate that to "BM fun" but again... context), and I took The Kid to Rollerpunks practice - her first in 3 weeks! She jumped right back in, I needn't have worried.

She really loves it. Something I was struggling with last week was the fear that with me starting school and such, that it might be too much to get her there very often, and I wondered if it might have to get sacrificed, but given the fact that she was able to just drop right back in after 2 weeks away, I think we'll be able to make it work...

I just have to stop projecting so much! This is just what I do when I don't know what I'm doing.

Facing the unknown always makes me a bit frantic, and the unknowns are piling up at the moment (how to do school successfully, The Kid starting high school, my busted disposal) so I'm on overdrive.

Don't know how much posting I'll do this week - I think the daily thing is, for now, falling to the side, but I'm trying to stay current anyway. It's important to me!

On deck this week... more work madness, the Eclipse premier (for The Kid, and since it's summer I agreed to take her and a friend to a midnight show because I'M INSANE), more doctorin', and hopefully some nice fireworks.

Can you believe it's already the 4th of July this weekend?!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No I can't believe it is the 4th already. It is 3am so I get your not sleeping thing. Your not insane just a good mommy. What is wrong with your disposal, call me and I might be able to help. Love you and watch the "mini" torchwood movies because they clear all up before season 4 begins. Ok I'm all caught up here. Still love ya. good night!

curegirl0421 said...

Were there more after Children of Earth!? TELL MEEEEEE.

The disposal is toast - after much research I discovered that a) I have a crappy one and b) they're pretty much all crappy now. I read review after review after review stating that "mine broke after 3 years!" and "why doesn't it work like my old Sears Dispos-all?!".

Basically, they don't make money if they make a product that never dies...

So I bought a new one. It was cheap, and Jim is going to install it for me because he's awesome like that.

Want to sleep like a baby? Take teenagers to midnight movies. FYI.