Thursday, May 5, 2011

Well.

So that's it for another semester!

If anyone's still reading this blog, my apologies for being away so much. It was a very long few months, full of mystery and intrigue and algebra and researching effective ways to teach literature to teenagers in the Facebook age.

Here's a rundown of what I've been doing. I know you'll be riveted.
  • I wrote 4 papers, one of which got a perfect grade from a teacher who doesn't give perfect grades.
  • I did several thousand math problems.
  • I drove back and forth to Arvada and Denver about 500 times (happily, but still).
  • I lusted after gardening supplies (going to try just growing some grass first, though).
  • As a temporary measure to quell my lust, I helped TR a little bit in his fabulous yard.
  • I watched a lot of Top Gear episodes while I wrote papers and imagined myself in a Jaguar while I drove my ailing Nissan.
  • I finally got to see Bob Schneider live - an awesome thing. Tarantula!
  • I got really sick, sicker than I've been in a long time.
  • I turned 37.
  • I grew some grey hairs.
  • The Kid grew some grey hairs for me.
  • I gained some weight (stupid holidays!).
  • I lost a little of it (yay stationary bike!).
  • I spent too much money.
  • I discovered I don't really like yeasty beer.
  • I discovered that I really DO like wheaty beer. A lot.
  • Tried to go to Moab, was stymied by weather.
  • Went to a christening, complete with the first time I've been to mass in years; it made me miss my childhood faith...it was so easy then, ya know?
  • Drove with TR through and to some of the most gorgeous country in Colorado.
  • Discovered Penzey's Spices and OMG. The paprika!
Just in the past couple of weeks...
  • I've taken my math final - no more math for a while I think
  • I turned in my final paper (well, my rought draft, but the teacher felt it was done so there ya go... woohoo!)
  • Been in Derby upheaval as we've tried to decide whether to stick with RMRG or not (long story for another day)
  • Signed up for a Summer class to keep the momentum
  • Registered for Fall classes
  • Been to 3 meetings about the stupid new procurement system my work is foisting upon us
  • Researched fencing companies (only one got back to me)
  • Crocheted half a dragon (it's going to be SO CUTE)
  • Cooked pulled pork for the first and definitely NOT the last time
  • Cooked stuffed shells for the first time as well; good but needs modification
I've been so busy it occurred to me only after about 2 weeks that I hadn't even spoken to my mother for more than 5 minutes at a time - she's pretty busy herself, and our work schedules don't mesh very well. Or she's mad at me. Jury's out.

So you see, it's not that I haven't *wanted* to blog...

It's just that I had to shoehorn sleep in there somewhere.

So. What else.

I could talk about that Osama thing... I have my own opinions. They aren't shared by everyone. I believe it's a good thing he's dead, and that it was the right decision not to involve Pakistan; their culture is very different than ours. The man was living in a military neighborhood, and nobody even asked a question, just saying. I don't believe it's the end to "terra" but I do believe it's the end of an era (ooooh, poetry!). Bush is dead, long live Obama. Moving on.

Also, Donald Trump is a moron who got his ass served to him on a platter at the White House Correspondent's Dinner. I'm normally a very "let's all get along" sort of person, a "don't mock others" sort of person, but Trump? He can go piss up a rope, to put it succinctly.

Weirdo. RACIST weirdo.

Anyway.

Hoping to get back into the swing of things now. I don't think this will ever be a daily blog again, but I hope to share with you some of the cooler points of the Intro to Film Arts course I'll be taking over the summer. Apparently the teacher is a friend/acquainted of some friends of mine, and by all accounts he's a swell guy. Looking forward to it!

Tonight...

Trivia maybe. TR definitely. All this busy-ness has made it so our time is often really abbreviated. We had a couple of relaxing days around my birthday while The Kid was in Disney, and it was lovely. I need some more of that chilled time with him, and more often.

He calls to share his sunsets with me, I should tell you.

This pleases me.

Until later... here's a thing. It made me smile today.

Apache from oneedo on Vimeo.

1 comment:

The Beans said...

You certainly have been having a busy time! I don't blame you for taking a break from blogging. :-P

-Barb the French Bean