If anyone's still reading this blog, my apologies for being away so much. It was a very long few months, full of mystery and intrigue and algebra and researching effective ways to teach literature to teenagers in the Facebook age.
Here's a rundown of what I've been doing. I know you'll be riveted.
- I wrote 4 papers, one of which got a perfect grade from a teacher who doesn't give perfect grades.
- I did several thousand math problems.
- I drove back and forth to Arvada and Denver about 500 times (happily, but still).
- I lusted after gardening supplies (going to try just growing some grass first, though).
- As a temporary measure to quell my lust, I helped TR a little bit in his fabulous yard.
- I watched a lot of Top Gear episodes while I wrote papers and imagined myself in a Jaguar while I drove my ailing Nissan.
- I finally got to see Bob Schneider live - an awesome thing. Tarantula!
- I got really sick, sicker than I've been in a long time.
- I turned 37.
- I grew some grey hairs.
- The Kid grew some grey hairs for me.
- I gained some weight (stupid holidays!).
- I lost a little of it (yay stationary bike!).
- I spent too much money.
- I discovered I don't really like yeasty beer.
- I discovered that I really DO like wheaty beer. A lot.
- Tried to go to Moab, was stymied by weather.
- Went to a christening, complete with the first time I've been to mass in years; it made me miss my childhood faith...it was so easy then, ya know?
- Drove with TR through and to some of the most gorgeous country in Colorado.
- Discovered Penzey's Spices and OMG. The paprika!
- I've taken my math final - no more math for a while I think
- I turned in my final paper (well, my rought draft, but the teacher felt it was done so there ya go... woohoo!)
- Been in Derby upheaval as we've tried to decide whether to stick with RMRG or not (long story for another day)
- Signed up for a Summer class to keep the momentum
- Registered for Fall classes
- Been to 3 meetings about the stupid new procurement system my work is foisting upon us
- Researched fencing companies (only one got back to me)
- Crocheted half a dragon (it's going to be SO CUTE)
- Cooked pulled pork for the first and definitely NOT the last time
- Cooked stuffed shells for the first time as well; good but needs modification
So you see, it's not that I haven't *wanted* to blog...
It's just that I had to shoehorn sleep in there somewhere.
So. What else.
I could talk about that Osama thing... I have my own opinions. They aren't shared by everyone. I believe it's a good thing he's dead, and that it was the right decision not to involve Pakistan; their culture is very different than ours. The man was living in a military neighborhood, and nobody even asked a question, just saying. I don't believe it's the end to "terra" but I do believe it's the end of an era (ooooh, poetry!). Bush is dead, long live Obama. Moving on.
Also, Donald Trump is a moron who got his ass served to him on a platter at the White House Correspondent's Dinner. I'm normally a very "let's all get along" sort of person, a "don't mock others" sort of person, but Trump? He can go piss up a rope, to put it succinctly.
Weirdo. RACIST weirdo.
Hoping to get back into the swing of things now. I don't think this will ever be a daily blog again, but I hope to share with you some of the cooler points of the Intro to Film Arts course I'll be taking over the summer. Apparently the teacher is a friend/acquainted of some friends of mine, and by all accounts he's a swell guy. Looking forward to it!
Trivia maybe. TR definitely. All this busy-ness has made it so our time is often really abbreviated. We had a couple of relaxing days around my birthday while The Kid was in Disney, and it was lovely. I need some more of that chilled time with him, and more often.
He calls to share his sunsets with me, I should tell you.
This pleases me.
Until later... here's a thing. It made me smile today.