Maybe I need the forced-topic of daily themes again.
Maybe it's the deep-tissue massage, which has been beating the heck out of my shoulder, making typing difficult.
Maybe it's the fact that despite 2-plus months of leaving the house at 6:45 AM we are *still* not used to it.
Or maybe I'm just pooped.
Any way you put it, I've been a blogging slacker. I hope you understand!
Here's a brief rundown of things that have happened in the last week.
- The very awesome Formerly Almost Mrs. Dandy is now a mama. And her baby boy is gorgeous NATURALLY (as in "duh" not as in "without surgical enhancement"). And he was born on Halloween, which means he will have the best birthday parties ever, forever.
- I carved many pumpkins. Only one got smashed (I hate kids who do that), and the pumpkin seeds were fantastic and yummy. My favorite part of the pumpkin, for sure.
- TR maybe found a house to buy! I'm excited for him, though I wish I could erase the stress factor. Anyone who's bought their first house already (or their second or third) can understand his frayed nerves I'm sure... I remember freaking out mightily the night I made the offer on my little piece of Earth. I don't think I slept for 2 days.
- We managed to do trick or treating on Halloween despite being stood up. I'm not going to go into it - water under the bridge - but I can tell you that in the future I won't be bending over backward and rushing to accept an invite from the folks in question again. I broke land-speed records racing back from Derby so as not to make our party wait too long for us, only to find out that they had changed their plans and gone earlier, and never let us know. THANKS GUYS.
- I went in a corn maze. At night. I hate corn mazes - so creepy - but with the added bonus of being the responsible adult in the situation I was unthrilled. But I persevered, limbs all attached and no bites from anything living in the stalks. The things I do for my Kid!
- I started a new writing project for school, all about how the elderly should get on Facebook for safety and social purposes. Wish me luck! Any ideas?
- I realized that Thanksgiving is in just over 3 weeks. Holy crap.
What did you do last week?
This weekend I plan on relaxing if at all possible. Right after I'm done with my project. And cleaning. And math homework.
PS...I know it's filleriffic, but this video was too cool not to share.